2020 Del Mar Fair plans
This is just a set of notes we are accumulating for the 2020 Del Mar fair.
Notes: Please correct me if any of this is wrong or in error. I'm putting peoples initials at the comments.
What worked well:
- The sending of one parking pass, and the volunteer picks up the next pass at the fair. Andy did an outstanding job.
- the 3 colors on the web site calendar for no one (red), only one person (yellow), 2 or more people (green)
- the overlap of 1 one hour per shift
- 2 shifts
- emailing for volunteers, often got responses within an hour or less
What we don't want to do again or improve:
- electronics spread out in multiple boxes, could be organized better, how about on a single piece of plywood?
- printed instructions on how to reset utomated controllers
- labelling which faucet controls water feature and which is drip
- do not touch sign in English & Spanish - black signs with engraved white letters
- tag us on FB/Twitter #sdgrs #sdfair
- a photo spot to allow people to shoot a video with their phones, like a stand/frame
- handouts that give some detail on the club, where/when we meet